UPDATE: Return to School on March 21
Please read the following important information from the HRCE. Click here to access the article on the main HRCE website.
March 18, 2022
Today, Premier Tim Houston and Dr. Robert Strang announced that, out of an abundance of caution, masks will be mandatory in public schools, and on school buses, for a few more weeks starting on March 21, 2022.
HRCE Central Office/building staff and visitors must also continue to wear a mask during this time.
Click here to read the news release.
What will next week look like?
In public schools, staff and students will follow the updated guidance in the Back to School Plan, including the following:
- Masking for staff, students and visitors remains in place for a few more weeks during school hours and on school buses
- Visitors and spectators will need to wear masks in schools during school instructional hours for a few more weeks
- Staff and students are asked to follow core public health measures such as getting vaccinated if eligible, staying home if feeling unwell, following the COVID-19 Daily Checklist, washing and sanitizing hands frequently
- Music, band, arts and sports in schools can resume in full
- Tournaments, concerts and extracurricular activities are permitted
- Planning for graduation can proceed
More information is available at https://novascotia.ca/backtoschool .
All other changes to Public Health restrictions/guidance that we shared with staff and families on March 10, 2022 will remain in place.
If you have any questions, please reach out to your child’s teacher or principal.
Enjoy your weekend. We look forward to welcoming everyone back next week!
Regional Executive Director